Just in time for the New Year!
Month: December 2014
Doctor Who: Last Christmas First Impressions
Can my house being gutted right now be a dream too? ‘Cause I’d really like that.
- Up On the Housetop: Was one of the elves driving? ‘Cause if one of them was, they’re a crappy driver.
- Nobody likes the Tangerines: My mom likes tangerines, I don’t however.
- The Dancing is Working: Hell, if it’ll keep your mind of something that it shouldn’t be thinking about, I say dance your heart out sister!
- Telepathic Aliens: Can I just say that I really liked the idea of these monsters. Their introduction is really well done, the exposition is delivered in a way that gives us just enough information to know they’re a threat without giving the whole game away.
- Danny is Dead: Well, that was inevitable.
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town: Nice entrance there Big Red, little overdone for my liking but nicely done all the same.
- Santa Goes Badass: I liked Nick Frost’s Santa, for a (spoiler alert) dream construct, he’s not gonna put up with any crap.
- A Second Sled: If I didn’t know any better, I’d be saying that Santa is a Time Lord.
- Alien is Offensive: The Doctor’s never seen Alien? You’d think that someone would have shown it to him somewhere along the way.
- Clara’s Dream: Yup, Danny’s there and giving her everything that she wants for Christmas, gotta be a dream.
- Danny and Clara’s Last Christmas: Interesting how even in her dream Danny’s first instinct is to sacrifice himself to save Clara. Even Dream!Danny is still Danny.
- We Are All Dead: I was wondering about that, and (for once) Moffat delivered a satisfying answer.
- All the Touchy-Feely Stuff: The Doctor’s never been good with the touchy-feely stuff.
- Missing the Obvious: And yet again, Moffat doesn’t use a cheap cop-out to explain away something that has been simmering away in the back of the viewers minds. I’m not going to say that Moffat’s writing has turned a corner with this episode, but I like how he’s not taking the easy way out and just hand-waving everything away.
- Who You Gonna Call?: The guy with the sleigh that’s bigger on the inside of course!
- Santa’s Midnight Ride: You know, I really love it when the show leaves the angst on the side and just has some fun.
- Waking up from the Dream: Interesting to see what everyone’s lives are really like. The dream could be a reflection of what they would like to be, instead of what they are.
- 62 Years: The Christmas Cracker, just that damn Christmas Cracker. Ouch.
- Second Chances: So Clara isn’t leaving; okay Moffat, I’m willing to go along with you on this one, just quit with the “Clara is the answer to everything” plot resolutions please.
So that’s another Christmas Special in the bag, now the long wait begins for the next season, let’s hope it will be better than the last one.
A Doctor Who Primer: The Seventh Doctor
He’s Scottish! That means he can complain about things!