A brief look at LotRO’s annual Yule Festival.
Just in time for Christmas, it’s my first list episode!
We’re looking for someone to go on an Adventure.
Archet is about to be attacked by the Blackwolds, all help from outside has been cut off, and we’re out picking berries. It’s a MMO alright.
This week, we’re saving Archet from brigands by killing wolves. Seems legit.
Ok, but seriously though, WHO WAS THE HYBRID?
- A Random Diner Appears: Hmm, this seems familiar.
- A Random Shed Appears: Speaking of familiar…
- What’s He Doing?: I’m starting to wonder if even the writers know what he’s doing at this point.
- Changing Faces: I see Rassilon has moved on from his Timothy Dalton phase to his Grumpy Old Man phase. Not much of an improvement really.
- “Get Off My Planet”: The Doctor is pissed. I wouldn’t push him if I were you Rassilon.
- Extraction Plan: Ah, so that’s what he was doing. I think this may turn out to be a bad idea.
- Back to Normal: And we’re one step closer to getting a female Doctor. I, for one, am okay with that.
- Into the Matrix: Good, creepy stuff. That said, I really think the Time Lords need to clean up their database.
- “Why Would You Do That?”: Put simply Clara, the Doctor in the new series seems to be a bit of a masochist. He really does seem to like hurting himself.
- Back to the Beginning: Nice to see the classic console room make a comeback.
- Answerable to No One: Ah, I see The Time Lord Victorious has made a comeback as well.
- At the End of Everything: And Me is there, just hanging out.
- *Looks at the Top of the Article*: No but, was the Hybrid Me? Was it Clara? Was it the Doctor? GIVE ME A CLEAR ANSWER SHOW!
- Forgetting Again: Somewhere there’s a Donna Noble fan grumbling about “just desserts”.
- Remembering Amy: Nice little callback there, I was wondering when he would notice.
- The Diner at the End of the Universe: Oh, the fic that is going to come out of those two gadding about together.
- Return of the Sonic Screwdriver: I was wondering how long those glasses would last.
And that’s it until the Christmas Special. I have to say, I was very pleased to see the writing improve for this series. It wasn’t always perfect, mind you, but it was much better than the writing for series 8.
And next time…the return of *heavy sigh* River Song. Yay.