Late again. This will not become a habit*
- I was right, this one was creepy.
- Why do people talk to themselves? Because sometimes I’m the cleverest one in the room! Wait…
- Danny and Clara: And the award for Worst Awkward First Date goes to…
- I’m betting Clara is getting a little tired of the Doctor insulting her all the time.
- I actually liked the bit in the children’s home, very creepy and atmospheric.
- If fear is a superpower, it’s a really crummy one.
- Dad Skills: The Doctor is the kind of Dad that would read “Go the Fuck to Sleep” to his kid and be completely unapologetic about it.
- I liked the interactions between Rupert and Clara, it really showed off how good she is with kids.
- Danny and Clara take two: I may have spoken too soon about that award.
- Just come out and say it episode, Clara and Orson are related somehow!
- Hey! Anyone remember back to The Impossible Planet when the Doctor talked about that voice in your head that tells you to do something really stupid and reason tells you not to do the stupid thing? Yeah, the Doctor listens to the voice. Hardly ever works out well.
- And once again, Clara has a large impact on the Doctor’s life. I’m kind of getting tired of this plot convenience though, Moffat keeps doing it and it’s getting old for me.
- Danny and Clara take three: I have the feeling this relationship is going to need a counselor on standby.
- I’m surprised the Doctor didn’t check where they had been as soon a Clara left.
- An episode without a Missy sighting or any mention of “The Promised Land”. It won’t last.
Overall I liked this episode, very atmospheric, and we got a little bit of the Doctor’s backstory. Which is unusual, but very welcome.
Next week the Doctor will be robbing a bank, he really has gone darker hasn’t he?