Was anyone else disappointed that there was no Italian Job references? No? Just me then? Ok.
- The new theme is starting to remind me of the Seventh Doctor’s theme; in other words, it’s starting to sound really eighties.
- Is Clara trying to go on a date and getting caught up in the Doctor’s stuff going to be a thing for the whole series? ‘Cause I’m not sure that I like it.
- Mutant Human: Can we get an X-Men/Doctor Who crossover now? Because that would be kind of cool.
- Who put the Doctor in charge? The Doctor did, it’s kind of what he does.
- Saibra and Psi: I really liked how both Clara and the Doctor got to bond a little with the guest characters. Softens up the Doctor a little.
- The Teller: I had a feeling that the Doctor would have to try and save The Teller, and once again I was right. Cool design though.
- Eyebrows: I think the Doctor may be trying to compensate for his previous incarnation.
- Enemies closing in, the Doctor and his companions may be killed, and the Doctor is wowed by a nifty bomb. Par for the course really.
- Speaking of par for the course, the Doctor’s entire plan consists of “wait for a thing to happen”. The hell of it is, that’s the plan that always works.
- While The Teller was focused on Clara all I could think was, “Jeez Clara, just think of a blank wall! Problem solved!”
- Time travel heist: Not quite a title drop, but I’ll allow it.
- Nice fake-out there with Psi and Saibra, also it gives the audience a reason to root for the Doctor getting everyone out of there. Something that’s been a bit lacking this series.
- Also, I liked Clara’s little “aw, yes” gesture when Psi told the Doctor about the TARDIS.
- Shuttity-up up up: Well it’s not like they could have him say “fuckity bye”, now is it.
- So the Doctor did it all, I guess I should be glad it wasn’t Clara again.
- The second monster was a surprise, but I liked it.
- I really liked the bit with Psi and Saibra in the TARDIS with the Doctor and Clara. It was cute.
So next week will bring the Clara’s Double Life plot to a head (and maybe even an end? She said hopefully) Either way, we’ll get to see more of Danny next week and the Doctor returning to Coal Hill School. Should be interesting.