Ok, so this one wasn’t quite the copy of the Titanic episode that everyone thought it would be. Was it better than last week? Yes, and no.
- Digging Foxes swing version of Don’t Stop Me Now. Hope they come out with an mp3 of it.
- Doctor, shut up and let Clara talk about her feelings. You need to hear what she’s saying.
- Give it up you two, you know you’re getting involved in this thing.
- I liked the parallels between Clara and Maisie, and I kind of wish that the Doctor and Maisie could have spent some time together, it would have been interesting to see their interactions.
- Speaking of interesting guest characters, Perkins was pretty cool.
- Jelly Babies!!!
- There were a lot of cool side characters in this episode, not just Maisie and Perkins, but the Mythology professor and the Captain too. Where the heck have these guys been?!
- Again, very good monster design. The special effects team have been working overtime this series.
- Now the question of who was controlling Gus; part of me thinks that this has something to do with Missy and her crew. I have no real evidence of this, just a gut feeling.
- And here we are again, the Doctor is acting like a dick and this time he’s dragging Clara down with him. She has every right to be mad at him, and I’m not entirely sure why she lies to Maisie.
- As for the Doctor, he was making that up as he went along. Classic Doctor really. Nice follow through on the Maisie situation though.
- The presence of Perkins at the end tells me that the Doctor did save everyone, but it was nice to hear him say that sometime you do have to choose between the lesser of two evils.
- Clara: Danny said it’s okay! Me: *Facepalm* Clara, did you learn nothing from the Caretaker incident?
Overall I enjoyed this episode. It was a nice change from Kill the Moon and it was certainly better from my perspective.
Next week looks different, not sure what else to say until I see it.