Good news: I’m still alive!
Better news: There’s a new season of Doctor Who!
- Hand Mines: Nice and Creepy, I like it.
- My Name is Davros: Ooh, that can’t be good.
- The Colony Sarff: I had a feeling we were dealing with snake people, and I was right!
- #theplaneshavestopped: Yeah, that would get noticed pretty quickly.
- Death is for other people: Considering how many times the Master is supposed to have “died”, I’d say that’s accurate.
- The Doctor’s Last Party: Yeah, meditation isn’t really the Doctor’s thing.
- The Doctor’s Big Entrance: Ok Doctor, I’ll give you the tank, and the guitar solo, but that entrance could have been much more Metal. Next time, add some flamethrowers.
- Dude: Dude.
- He spent yesterday in a bowtie: I always like it when the Doctor calls back to his previous regenerations.
- Traps are her flirting: That makes so much sense it’s kind of ridiculous.
- The TARDIS is Located: That can’t be good.
- Missy and Clara: I really like the interactions of these two. They’re really fun to watch.
- Doctor vs. Davros, Part 1: Boy Davros really wants to throw that whole “Left young Davros alone in a minefield” thing back in the Doctor’s face.
- Why would anybody hide a whole planet: Because it’s more dramatic that way!
- The TARDIS will be destroyed: I’m on Clara’s side on this one, good luck with that guys.
- Missy Turns the Tables: WHY ARE YOU SURPRISED BY THIS TURN OF EVENTS DOCTOR?! THE MASTER’S ONLY DONE THAT KIND OF THING, LIKE, ALL OF THE TIME!!
- Random aside: It was really nice to see some of the classic Dalek designs make a bit of a comeback.
- The Death(?) of Clara: We’ll see how well that sticks.
So, overall I think this was a pretty solid start to the new season. But I am kind of worried that instead of playing with the themes of Genesis of the Daleks, they’re going to be cribbing whole-cloth from it. But I guess we’ll find out next week.