Maybe I was wrong about the ghosts not really being ghosts.
- Taking Risks: Sure, bring the strange craft that you have no idea where it came from into your underwater base, I’m sure nothing will go wrong.
- Moran Came Back…Wrong: Well, that’s going to put a cramp in team dynamics.
- The TARDIS Isn’t Happy: This little sub-plot runs through the whole thing like a strange chord in the background, which helps to keep the tension of the episode nice and high.
- Clara Wants an Adventure: Be careful what you wish for Clara, with the Doctor you just might get it, and then some.
- The Crew in the Cage: I find it interesting that the “ghosts” (and I’m still not entirely convinced that they are, in fact, ghosts) don’t seem to deal well with electro-magnetic energy. Not sure if that’s going to pan out in the conclusion, but it’s interesting none the less.
- O’Donnell the Fangirl: Be honest with yourselves for just a minute. You’d have the same reaction.
- Token Greedy Guy: I kind of like how the Doctor brushes Pritchard off as “an idiot”. You just know he’s going to die.
- They’re Ghosts!: Sorry Doctor, still not buying it. But I do kind of love how he gets all excited about something that he’s never seen before and has no idea what it really is. Also, shoutout to the great Shirley Bassey!
- Cards for Humanity: He needs cards now, not sure what to do with that.
- Cabin in the Woods Thing: Cass, I like you. Not just because you’re awesome representation for the deaf, but also because you’re just awesome in general. I really hope you don’t die.
- Catching a Ghost: I really like the rapid fire teamwork going on here. I also think I know why Lenn didn’t end up joining the ghosts, but more on that in a bit.
- The Dark, The Sword, The Foresaken, The Temple: Way to use your assets Cass! Although, figuring out that those words were coordinates was a bit of a stretch, even for the Doctor.
- Ear Worm: And this is why Lenn wasn’t taken. He never saw the words on the inside of the ship like everyone else did. Thank goodness Cass is really protective of her translator.
- “I want to kiss it to death!”: Classic Doctor right there.
- Speaking of Death: Given that last scene, I think the Doctor might just get his wish.
So not only do we get another two-parter, but we also get another solid set up episode! So far the writing has been much better than last season, and I’m really hoping it will keep going strong.
And next week, we find out how the Doctor is going to evade death…again.