So that happened!
- Wait, what?! : Not five minutes in, and we’ve already had a major character death. This does not bode well.
- Clara’s Betrayal: Clara, nothing good ever comes from threatening the Doctor. You should know that!
- The Doctor Cares: It would have been really nice to see a bit more of this before now, but it is nice to see that the Doctor really does care about what happens to his companions.
- I’m Exactly What You Deserve: Given what we saw in the previous scene, and what we’ve been seeing this whole series, I’d say that’s true.
- Danny’s Dead: *nods* Yup, that’s about the reaction you’d expect.
- Giving the Doctor Some Attitude: I think that the Doctor is a bit weirded out by Clara’s grief and her betrayal. He’s far more used to her being right there with him and right now she isn’t.
- The Welcome Package: I…have no idea what to do with this. And apparently the Doctor doesn’t either.
- It would be a serious problem if Clara was okay: I’m gonna agree with the Doctor on this one, what with the creepy skeletons in water and the snogging androids and all that.
- Ipads in the Afterlife: I don’t think that Steve Jobs had much to do with the Ipad, but whatever.
- Dark Water: You almost have to wonder what’s in those thanks that you can’t see…
- Clara Will Be Fine: Nothing really interesting to point out here, I just really liked Clara threatening to detach something from the Doctor if he spoke for her again.
- Danny and the kid: Oof, yeah, I can see how that might haunt someone.
- Three words: …damn. If that were true, I would be changing my living will so fast!
- “Be Strong, Even if it Breaks Your Heart”: Uh-oh
- And in case you’ve managed to miss any hints about what’s really going on here, the doors are happy to give you a nice big hint.
- So yes, the Cybermen are back! I’m actually glad about this, I like the Cybermen a villains and it’s nice to see a classic villain getting some love this series.
- Something Only Danny Would Say: Danny would say something that he knows will keep Clara out of danger, and that’s exactly what he did.
- Pesky Emotions: Oh shit…
- Missy is Short For…: CALLED IT!
So yeah, I really liked this episode. It’s a nice, strong first part to a season finale, now let’s just hope that they can keep it up next week.