All aboard the Feels Rollercoaster!
- Clara is the Doctor, again: This was actually a smart move on Clara’s part, even if it wasn’t entirely clear what she hoped to get out of this gambit, it did buy her time for something to happen.
- Selfies with the Cybermen: If you’re surprised by people taking pictures of those things instead of running for their lives, I’ve got some beachfront property in Arizona you might be interested in.
- U.N.I.T. Surprise: Damn guys, that’s some S.H.I.E.L.D. level sneakiness right there!
- Bowties are cool: You go, Osgood. You go.
- Kate Introduces Herself: Can I just talk about how much we learn about Kate from her little speech? Character Expansion done right, people.
- The Doctor: “Guard the Graveyards!” Clara: *Wakes up in graveyard* Me: …Oops.
- U.N.I.T. is looking a lot like the British version of S.H.I.E.L.D., can we say crossover?
- Clara in the Graveyard: This scene was just plain creepy, and I loved it. More like this please!
- The Brig’s Goal: I really like how Kate keeps a portrait of her dad on the plane, a friendly reminder of how important he is to her.
- Hail to the Chief: Somehow I don’t think that you could get every country on the planet to agree on one President of Earth, even if it is the Doctor.
- It’s Raining Cybermen: Now, this doesn’t really fit with what we’ve seen of the Cybermen, but I think that Missy did some upgrading of her own.
- Danny the Cyberman: This can only end badly.
- The Death of Osgood: Excuse the unladylike language but; fuck you, Missy.
- The Inhibitor: See?! What did I tell you?!
- Missy vs. The Doctor Part 1: Killing Osgood, bad move Missy. Sending Kate out of the airplane, really bad move. Blowing up Belgium, have you ever heard of overkill Missy?
- The Disintegration of Seb: Bye Seb, you won’t be missed.
- The Doctor’s Intervention: Ouch, I knew that was gonna hurt, I just didn’t know how bad.
- Missy vs. the Doctor Part 2: Okay, so Missy’s plan was to build a massive Cyber-army to give to the Doctor so he could use it to save people and worlds that he couldn’t on his own. I know that Missy is nuts, but jeez, this is what she came up with to get him to pay attention to her? Missy, you need some therapy girl.
- Danny Steps Up: Danny you beautiful idiot, you will be missed.
- A Salute for the Brig: Okay this? This is where I teared up. Where else would the Brig be indeed.
- One Trip: This is such a Danny thing, we almost should have seen it coming.
- The Parting of the Ways Redux: The more I think about this ending, the more sense it makes given everything we’ve seen from the these two. Would they lie to each other just to keep the other one from worrying? You bet they would. And given the lies they told, it makes sense that they would see their partnership as over. The lies will come to light eventually, at least I think they will, and when they do there’s going to be a lot of hurt feelings and explanations that are going to need to be made.
- Guess Who’s Coming to Town: If they can have a Robin Hood episode, why can’t Santa show up?
And that’s it ’till the Christmas Special! A mixed season overall, but it did get better at the end.