You’ve heard of Doctor Light episodes? Get ready for a Doctor Only episode!
- Carry That Load: I always knew that Capaldi was good; it’s just that last season, the writing didn’t come up to Capaldi’s level. I’m glad to see that the writing for this season is considerably better.
- Who’s Stalking Who?: Clearly the Doctor is the stalkee in this situation and not the stalker.
- Be Nice to Doors: You can unlock a door by being nice to it? Who knew!
- Stealing the Doctor’s Nightmares: Considering some of the things that the Doctor has faced over the years, that might not be a good idea.
- Nothing Without an Audience: I find it interesting that the Doctor keeps talking to Clara throughout this episode, I know the loss is still fresh for him, but it makes me wonder if he isn’t a bit scared to be alone.
- “Must be Christmas”: Only the Doctor would find being trapped inside your own personal torture chamber intellectually stimulating.
- Gold Score: If you listen carefully to the score for this episode, you’ll find that it not only echoes Classical works quite a bit, but also some of the show’s history as well.
- Dig It: I don’t think that it’s coincidental that that hole looks quite a bit like a grave.
- Confession Time: You know, to a thoughtful person; that might be a clue.
- Lines in the Sand: At first I thought that might be referring to the raven that got Clara. Boy was I wrong.
- One Last Confession: Clearly the Doctor knows something about this “hybrid” thing.
- “Get up off your arse”: Sometimes, all the Doctor needs is a little kick in the pants.
- How Many Times?: Man, that was painful to watch.
- Pecking at Mountains: I figured out what the Doctor was doing about half-way through that sequence. What can I say? I’m slow.
- Homecoming: Well, he found Gallifrey.
Overall, this was an interesting episode. There were some points that could’ve used a little clarification, but it was still a very interesting episode to watch.
Next week is the season finale so we’ll just have to wait and see just how the Doctor screws up Gallifrey this time.