Just in time for Christmas, it’s my first list episode!
We’re looking for someone to go on an Adventure.
Archet is about to be attacked by the Blackwolds, all help from outside has been cut off, and we’re out picking berries. It’s a MMO alright.
This week, we’re saving Archet from brigands by killing wolves. Seems legit.
Ok, but seriously though, WHO WAS THE HYBRID?
- A Random Diner Appears: Hmm, this seems familiar.
- A Random Shed Appears: Speaking of familiar…
- What’s He Doing?: I’m starting to wonder if even the writers know what he’s doing at this point.
- Changing Faces: I see Rassilon has moved on from his Timothy Dalton phase to his Grumpy Old Man phase. Not much of an improvement really.
- “Get Off My Planet”: The Doctor is pissed. I wouldn’t push him if I were you Rassilon.
- Extraction Plan: Ah, so that’s what he was doing. I think this may turn out to be a bad idea.
- Back to Normal: And we’re one step closer to getting a female Doctor. I, for one, am okay with that.
- Into the Matrix: Good, creepy stuff. That said, I really think the Time Lords need to clean up their database.
- “Why Would You Do That?”: Put simply Clara, the Doctor in the new series seems to be a bit of a masochist. He really does seem to like hurting himself.
- Back to the Beginning: Nice to see the classic console room make a comeback.
- Answerable to No One: Ah, I see The Time Lord Victorious has made a comeback as well.
- At the End of Everything: And Me is there, just hanging out.
- *Looks at the Top of the Article*: No but, was the Hybrid Me? Was it Clara? Was it the Doctor? GIVE ME A CLEAR ANSWER SHOW!
- Forgetting Again: Somewhere there’s a Donna Noble fan grumbling about “just desserts”.
- Remembering Amy: Nice little callback there, I was wondering when he would notice.
- The Diner at the End of the Universe: Oh, the fic that is going to come out of those two gadding about together.
- Return of the Sonic Screwdriver: I was wondering how long those glasses would last.
And that’s it until the Christmas Special. I have to say, I was very pleased to see the writing improve for this series. It wasn’t always perfect, mind you, but it was much better than the writing for series 8.
And next time…the return of *heavy sigh* River Song. Yay.
You’ve heard of Doctor Light episodes? Get ready for a Doctor Only episode!
- Carry That Load: I always knew that Capaldi was good; it’s just that last season, the writing didn’t come up to Capaldi’s level. I’m glad to see that the writing for this season is considerably better.
- Who’s Stalking Who?: Clearly the Doctor is the stalkee in this situation and not the stalker.
- Be Nice to Doors: You can unlock a door by being nice to it? Who knew!
- Stealing the Doctor’s Nightmares: Considering some of the things that the Doctor has faced over the years, that might not be a good idea.
- Nothing Without an Audience: I find it interesting that the Doctor keeps talking to Clara throughout this episode, I know the loss is still fresh for him, but it makes me wonder if he isn’t a bit scared to be alone.
- “Must be Christmas”: Only the Doctor would find being trapped inside your own personal torture chamber intellectually stimulating.
- Gold Score: If you listen carefully to the score for this episode, you’ll find that it not only echoes Classical works quite a bit, but also some of the show’s history as well.
- Dig It: I don’t think that it’s coincidental that that hole looks quite a bit like a grave.
- Confession Time: You know, to a thoughtful person; that might be a clue.
- Lines in the Sand: At first I thought that might be referring to the raven that got Clara. Boy was I wrong.
- One Last Confession: Clearly the Doctor knows something about this “hybrid” thing.
- “Get up off your arse”: Sometimes, all the Doctor needs is a little kick in the pants.
- How Many Times?: Man, that was painful to watch.
- Pecking at Mountains: I figured out what the Doctor was doing about half-way through that sequence. What can I say? I’m slow.
- Homecoming: Well, he found Gallifrey.
Overall, this was an interesting episode. There were some points that could’ve used a little clarification, but it was still a very interesting episode to watch.
Next week is the season finale so we’ll just have to wait and see just how the Doctor screws up Gallifrey this time.