Hooray for well done character development!
- This is what I meant when I was talking about Matt getting the crap kicked out of him. He’s a normal human, he doesn’t have super strength or a healing factor, but the fact that he can still keep fighting when another person has given up makes him the best kind of superhero.
- Foggy’s singing: I didn’t quite catch what Foggy was singing about (pirate ships? I think?) but Karen was right, he did not sound good.
- Claire the Nurse: I really hope that we see more of her as the show goes on. She’s an interesting character. Also, I can’t help but wonder who Mike was.
- Karen’s Fears and Foggy’s Humanity: I really liked the interactions between Foggy and Karen, they felt real and authentic. Karen’s fears about the city are totally understandable given what she’s been through. And Foggy staying with her and taking her bar hopping so she didn’t have to go home was really sweet.
- Speaking of character interactions, I also liked the interactions between Matt and his father. Jack Murdock did whatever he had to to make his son’s life just a little bit better, but in the end what he decided was more important was that Matt was proud of him. I think that there’s a lot of his father in Matt, and not just the getting beaten up part.
- Rooftop Interrogation: I have to side with Claire on this one, I think Matt might have gone a bit too far, but then again there was a child involved and time was of the essence. Good scene either way though.
- Final Fight: Wow this was good. It was real while still being impressive and I was genuinely worried about our hero at certain points, damn good stuff.
And that’s episode two! I’ll try to get to episode three tomorrow, but don’t hold your breath. Also the rest of the series might have to wait until later next week. But I’ll do my best.